Thursday 16 August 2018

The Plastic Toy Shop

We are learning to describe. We had to describe a picture of a toy shop with plastic all over the shelves. We had to act like we were there at the time describing what we saw and felt. I think I still need to work on my present tense instead off past tense. We had to describe what we smelt, what we saw and all the other sensations. Here is mine. 


 Plastic Toy Shop
Colours lash out at me as I stroll into the toy shop where there are tons of toy weapons and cartoon characters posing all over the shelves. In the toy shop there are all kinds of plastic toys: plastic planes, plastic guns, plastic land animals, plastic sea animals, plastic cars, plastic motorbikes and much, much more! The luminous colours swarm around me as I scan the shelves for something interesting I would like to buy. 
The bright neon toys jump out at me as I stare at the shelves feeling like they’re all about to fall onto me making me tumble to the ground. I am amazed by the shop of complete plastic, while my mind is being flooded with colourful toys. I feel like I’m drowning in a gigantic ocean of plastic figures stocked on the shelves. All the toys seem to be staring at me as I gape at the rainbow filled shelves. The shelves are cluttered just like my brain as I enter the toy stuffed  store. The fluorescent store is filled with exotic colours everywhere. I am surrounded by small plastic toys, so many that there could be thousands.  
I smell the plastic rubber everywhere. As I stroll in different areas of the shop I smell something different every time. 
I can hear typing of the computer keys every 0.6 seconds. As I look at the shelves I can still hear the keys typing. “So irritating,” I think to myself “Is she trying to annoy everyone?” I ask myself. “You know what? I’m outta here,” I whisper. I never really liked plastic anyway.



2 comments:

  1. Hey Solly, my name is Anuk and I'm a student at Waikowhai Primary School.
    You have used some super descriptive language in your writing! I really liked how you sort your writing into paragraphs. This reminds me of when I had to write about describing a food market. Maybe next time you could explain why you were entering the toy shop or something like that? That would make the piece of writing quite interesting. Other than that I look forward to reading more of your posts. Blog you later!

    Anuk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Solly, maybe you could add a photograph of the toy shop so that visitors to your blog can make the connection with your description.
    I like the way you make the toys seem to be alive by saying they seem to be staring at you. You have used some personification - well done.
    I also like your use of the word "gape' because it describes how you are feeling as you look at all the toys.
    Mrs Idle

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.