Wednesday 9 May 2018

What is blue?

We have been writing a poem. We made a poem about a colour. We had to describe that colour in many different ways.My buddy Tane and I hope you enjoy our poem. Here it is.

What is Blue?
Blue is the sea 
blue is the sky 
blue is the colour,
of a blueberry pie. 
Blue is solid
 Swift as the wind
 and the smell of 
a penguin fin
And in winter when the snow
 starts to fall
 It is the feeling
 of your ice cold hall
Blue is thick and cold as ice
 blue becomes the strongest
 colour in the rainbow. 
Blue is the colour
 of a diamond shining
Blue is the colour of distant mountains
 Blue is fog blue is a lake
It’s the darkest pen in the box
Blue is the colour of the
 skyscraper windows
the colour of a blue whale
 Blue is the colour of a glowing lightsaber
Blue is an M&M
Blue is the power
 of peacock feathers
Bubbles and moons are  blue
Blue is the colour of a fresh picked berry, 
from  the wet rainforest
Blue is the colour of fresh paint drying

2 comments:

  1. Hi Solly I am Sophie from Awahono School. Blue is a very nice colour and it is really cool that you picked to describe it. I like how you wrote about the diamond shining and how you put the smell of a penguin fin. Your description of blue is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Solly, it's Deakyn here from Awahono School. I really like your poem and how it rhymes. There is one mistake: you started nearly all of your lines with "blue is the colour" or "blue is" which is kind of annoying me repeating the same thing nearly the whole poem. I do like the colour blue because it stands out in nearly any colour, especially dark blue and cyan. Your poem is amazing and I would love to see more poems up on your blog. I will visit your blog more often and comment on new things and some other things that you have posted. You should check out my blog because I think you might like what I've put up on my blog.
    Kind Regards
    Deakyn

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.